Many of us are searching for a solution to the anxiety and fatigue that comes with being overworked. Perhaps you’re an entrepreneur working crazy hours to grow your own company or a busy professional with the constant pressure to perform. In either scenario, you will eventually reach a breaking point if your personal well-being fails to be attended to.
As busy professionals and entrepreneurs alike become inundated with more and more responsibilities, it seems like concierge service providers are popping up everywhere to fill this need. A personal concierge exists to handle the mundane and time-consuming tasks we don’t always have the time or capacity to do ourselves. In addition, many concierge service memberships also include added perks and access to VIP benefits.
The word “concierge” derives from what the French called “comte des cierges.” These were known as servants responsible for maintaining the lighting and cleanliness of medieval palaces. Today’s concierge services extend far beyond just keeping your candles lit. Concierges are highly skilled people who provide value by taking care of the essential duties that can often slip our minds. They also have an extensive network to help you get VIP access to some of the most exclusive events and experiences.
Concierge services have since become a popular source of aid for overstretched parents and the elderly as much as for busy professionals and entrepreneurs. Yet, many still sit on the fence over whether or not a personal concierge service is a worthy investment.
In this post, we’ll discuss the role of a concierge service like Modern Concierge, the value of using one, and what to look for if you’re trying to determine if a personal concierge service is right for you.
Why Would You Need A Concierge Service?
With demanding professional lives, there’s undoubtedly a widespread need for concierge services. Whether to give you more time to unwind and relax at the end of a long day or to provide you with VIP access to exclusive events.
With the pressures of your career coupled with overwhelming personal responsibilities, it can be challenging to achieve a balanced and more peaceful state of being – something nearly everyone is trying to achieve. Unfortunately, statistics show that 94% of workers report experiencing stress at their workplace. Personal concierge services can open up more space in your day, making it easier to create and maintain a healthy work-life balance.
There are three main reasons why people often subscribe to a personal concierge service:
- To spend more time with their family and friends
- To take care of their mental and physical health
- To focus on their business
From running errands and picking up the kids from hockey practice to setting up appointments and travel arrangements, a personal concierge can oversee a wide range of tasks that so quickly fill up our days. These services, as a result, will free up more time for you to focus on the things that matter most in your life, such as building your business or spending quality time with your family and loved ones.
Who Needs a Concierge Service?
Depending on your priorities, budget and lifestyle, there’s a concierge service level tailor-made for you. Concierge services have different niche focuses, so it’s essential to understand where their capability and your needs meet. Some individuals may be seeking assistance in managing their personal affairs like booking appointments and running errands, while others could be looking to plan an event for their office or business opening. Individuals seeking the finer things in life may value a personal chauffeur as well as access to the hottest restaurant or other VIP experiences.
Benefits of Hiring Concierge Services
- Time-saving. Whether it’s planning an event, booking travel arrangements, or picking up dry-cleaning, the most common reason clients use a concierge service is to free up precious time. This enables them to experience the things they love instead of spending time researching and booking them. As a result, a concierge service offers today’s most priceless commodity – your time.
- Convenience. It’s not always about saving time or offering solutions to a problem you can’t solve yourself. Instead, it’s the convenience of knowing someone is always on hand, at the end of the phone or email, to help manage your life, enabling you to maximize your free time.
- Access to expert guidance and skills. Want to know the best hotel in Tokyo? The best new restaurant in Barcelona? A secluded beach resort in the Caribbean? The hidden bar in London? A good concierge service will always look for the best of everything to recommend to their clients, giving you access to their insider knowledge and expertise.
- Trusted, vetted suppliers and a broad network. Concierge services typically have a vast network of partners that offer their clients special privileges and complimentary benefits. Entry to exclusive sporting events, priority reservation at the best restaurants and hotels, and access to sold-out concerts and premieres are among the few you can expect with a concierge membership.
Types of Concierge Services
In general, you’ll find two categories of concierge services today:
- Personal concierge services: if you want to hire the services of a concierge for yourself.
- Corporate concierge services: if a company wants to provide concierge services to its employees as an extra benefit.
Regarding personal concierge services, some are specialized and niche-based, while others, like Modern Concierge, offer personal assistance to a variety of tasks and responsibilities. Some of the various types of niche concierge services include:
- Lifestyle concierge. This service covers day-to-day tasks involved with taking care of the family, professional, and personal lifestyle. Here, the clients will be able to outsource the individual functions to an agency and receive assistance in the lifestyle area.
- Business concierge. These services offer high-corporate knowledge for handling error-free business tasks. Clients receive professional expertise for help with recruitment, financial management, scheduling meetings, and industry research.
- Hotel concierge. The overall goal here is to offer some personal assistance as it relates to a hotel or resort. These services might include transport to and from the hotel, problem-solving, booking tickets to local events, and organizing healthcare.
- Travel concierge. This service takes the hassle out of booking and planning a vacation or trip. Whether for business or pleasure, you’ll receive solutions for booking transportation services, booking flights and hotels, recommending local places to visit, and language translation
- Chauffeur concierge. These concierge services can assist you during travel as well as in your local area. Your driver will get you wherever you need to be and cut out unnecessary travel time, especially for evenings out on the town or nightlife experiences.
If you’re not keen on singular concierge services, at Modern Concierge, you can enjoy the bulk of these services all in one place when you opt for the Concierge Plus membership.
What to Look for in a Concierge Service
There are more concierge services available to you today than ever before. However, while the range of options is great, it can be hard to compare services and understand where their expertise truly lies.
If you’re new to the world of personal concierge services and you (or your partner) are still unsure about making the investment, here are some key factors you should consider:
What do you need a concierge service to help you with?
Before comparing concierge companies, you first need to think carefully about what you want them to do for you. For example, are you looking for a general lifestyle concierge? Or a company that specializes in organizing travel or dining experiences?
You’ve already seen how certain concierge companies specialize in specific areas. This gives them a greater depth of expertise. But you might feel constrained after a while if you want your concierge to take on more responsibilities. Selecting the right option and clarifying your expectations upfront will save you time, money and frustration.
What is your budget, and how much support do you expect from your concierge?
Membership and subscriptions are the traditional forms of concierge support. Like Modern Concierge, many concierge service providers offer a range of packages and memberships to suit your lifestyle and budget. You pay a monthly or yearly fee to be part of the concierge program. In exchange, you get 24/7 support from your concierge, who will, over time, get to know you and anticipate your needs.
On-demand concierge services are a new kind of experience where you pay as you go. It’s more transactional and focused on getting particular tasks done on an as-needed basis.
Do you need a location-based concierge or a global concierge?
Even though most concierge companies provide dedicated service around the clock, their expertise and network might not be relevant if you’re travelling across the world.
Consider your lifestyle and decide if you prefer a concierge with experience in a particular city, province, or country or if you require the service of a global concierge company with a network of personnel across the world instead.
Find a reputable, trustworthy concierge service.
When you hand over responsibility to a personal concierge for any individual or business task, knowing that person is honest and dependable is key to your peace of mind.
As busy professionals, we understand the trepidation that comes with handing off your personal responsibilities to outside sources, not to mention ensuring you get your money’s worth from the membership.
At Modern Concierge, you can trust that we carefully hand-pick, screen, and perform background checks on all of our personal assistants. We have a strict confidentiality policy, and we can assure you that your sensitive tasks are safe with us. We’re passionate about being respectful of privacy, knowledgeable, efficient, reliable, professional, and experienced.
Contact us today, and we’ll help walk you through the process and explain our services in detail to know what you’re getting into. We guarantee you’ll see a noticeable difference in your well-being as you get one step closer to achieving a healthy work-life balance.