Rekindle the flame in your relationship with these 10 romantic date night ideas for busy professionals
Sustaining a successful relationship isn’t as easy as romantic comedies would have you believe. Once the honeymoon stage has worn out its novelty, a few kids are added to the mix, not to mention having to maintain demanding careers, you’ll notice the fire in your relationship quickly starts to go out.
After a long day of working, running endless errands, and making sure the kids do their homework, preserving the romance in your relationship feels like the last thing you want to do. But relationship experts are urging couples to prioritize their relationships not only for the sake of the family unit (if you have one) but also for their mental health.
Studies show that what we experience when we are in loving relationships involves various neurotransmitters and hormones in our bodies that affect us systemically. Those butterflies fluttering about in your stomach or the feeling of your heart skipping a beat result from brain chemicals like oxytocin and dopamine, both of which can contribute to our mental well-being.
So how do you get back to that place or make time for date night as two busy professionals that can hardly find time to go to the bathroom?
Well, you may not like the answer, but the trick to creating a romantic date night as a busy professional is simpler than you think: Make the time to not be busy. After all, we’re sure you can find an hour or two out of your day to put minimal effort into the person you plan to spend the rest of your life with.
Below are ten easy, fun, and romantic date ideas for busy professionals.
- Stargazing. Grab a blanket and sit outside to watch the stars or visit a local astronomical event. There’s just something so peaceful and romantic about watching stars in the evening sky. Bring some wine or hot cocoa along to get the fire going.
- Brunch. Don’t quite have time to fit in dinner plans? Coordinate your and your partner’s schedule for a quick brunch date in between meetings. This often-forgotten meal can be a great time to steal a little time out of your day and reconnect without the lengthy process dinner sometimes can turn into.
- Dinner for 2. Plan to cook a dinner for two at home together. Cooking together is a great way to connect and rekindle that fire between you. The best part of eating at home? You get to kiss the chef!
- Double Date. For a fun night out with no expectations, plan a double date with one of your couple friends. Being around other couples can help get you in the mood for love in the air. Plus, you can get some much-needed social time in if you’ve been feeling in a rut.
- Work Late… Together. Are the both of you inundated with endless briefs and deadlines? Why not make a date of it? Meet up at one of your offices or at home and get cracking together. Even if it’s still work, being in the company of someone you love can make it less daunting. Also, late nights at the office can totally be romantic.
- Open House. Have you been eyeing some properties in a new neighbourhood? Turns out a Saturday afternoon of open house viewings can be super romantic. Not only are you subconsciously planning a future together, but there are also free snacks involved.
- Culture Date. Head to a museum or a gallery on your lunch break and peruse to your heart’s content. Galleries are a great way to facilitate conversation that goes beyond updating each other on the kids and what you’ll be having for dinner.
- Drinks. Even if you’ve been married for 15 years, why not take things back to basics and go out for harmless, flirty, happy hour drinks now and then?
- Catch a Matinee. If you have a couple of hours free during the day, try catching a matinee show.
- Brewery/Wine Tour. Pick your poison and make it a fun, informational date where you both feel like you’ve learned something new together.
It should be noted that all the exciting dates in the world won’t offer much to your relationship if you aren’t truly present with each other in the process. Even if you’ve been married a long time, there’s always something new you can learn or appreciate about your partner. Make the conscious and simple effort of putting a couple of hours aside every week to just be present with the one you love.
If you need more time to fit in a date night or want to get access to the most exclusive restaurants and other fun date night activities, reach out to us at Modern Concierge, and we’ll have you covered in no time!